Monday, August 27, 2012

Stove Eyes or, The Eyes Have It

Yesterday, instead of a nice hamburger and french fries lunch, we had a kitchen fire.  I burned up my stove and a few other small things. But, the house is still standing, other than burned wiring causing me to have miles of extension cords to plug in my router and modem, and some nasty blisters on my hand, all is well. Or will be when the wiring is fixed and I can cook again, and when I get a new stove. 

Anyway, I noticed how interesting the display now looks on my stove. What used to look like this:

Now looks like this:
Creepy, funny. Kind of shines a new light on the meaning of "stove eyes".
 
One of my Round Robin Art Journal friends suggested I use that in one of the journals.  That made me think what fun it would be to get your take on these cute little "stove eyes".



So, there will be a 2 category contest!

First category will be the Funniest Caption.  Post a comment below with your caption.  One rule: you MUST begin your comment with "CAPTION" in all caps.  Last day for entries is Thursday at noon. My top 3 favorites will be posted on my Facebook page on Friday and everyone can vote for their favorite from the top 3 through Sunday at midnight. The winner will be announced on Monday and will receive a $10 Starbucks card.
 
First category will be the Best Craft Idea.  Post a comment below with your suggestions for a craft using this picture (scrapbook, journal, greeting card, decoration, party supplies, the only limit is your imagination).  One rule: you MUST begin your comment with "CRAFT IDEA" in all caps.  Last day for entries is Thursday at noon. My top 3 favorites will be posted on my Facebook page on Friday and everyone can vote for their favorite from the top 3 through Sunday at midnight. The winner will be announced on Monday and will receive a $10 Starbucks card.

So, put your thinking caps on!  You have until noon Thursday to post your comment (contest entry) at the bottom of this post!!! You can enter as many times as you wish, just make each suggestion as a separate comment.  Be sure your email address is included or linked. 

There is going to be a latte crafting going on!  :)






No comments: