Monday, July 30, 2012

Time to get busy!

My cigar box purses have been shelved for a while, but it is time to get started again. Football season always brings requests for collegiate and sorority purses.  I have a lot of fun taking the requests of the customers and designing a fun purse.  

Along with the cigar purses this year, I hope to make some little girls' ponchos and capes to match team colors.  I have been wanting to do this for several years but always get sidetracked. This year, I WILL make a more concerted effort!

A round robin art journal project has rekindled my love for paper crafting.  A group of ladies (some I know, some I have never met) joined together to form a fun art group. Each person made a journal and left 9 two-page spreads available for each person in the group to share her talents.  The medium is up to the "guest journalist".  Some of the journals are themed, some aren't.  It has been so much fun to take someone else's journal and add my ideas.  We agreed not to post or discuss what is in our own journal or what is in any journal that we have received so far.  I can't wait to see what my journal looks like when it returns to me. I love getting one in the mail every couple of weeks and seeing what others have done to the original journal. 

Because of all this art journaling, I have been wanting to get back to my card-making.  Starting in August, I am planning one weekend a month for nothing but card-making!

With this blog, I plan to have a page for each venture, to share with you what I have available in case you might like to purchase some of my designs. Since football season is just a few weeks away, I am starting off with the little cheerleader purses.  Take a peek, and keep in mind that these can be for any team.  I have also made these small purses for sororities as well.  I will try to find some pictures of some of the sorority designs.

I have had some requests to get the craft clubs back up and running.  I am working on it!  Stay tuned for list of clubs available, hopefully beginning in September.

Happy crafting!

No comments: