Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hello Kitty, Happy Birthday Kylie

I love kids' birthday parties!  I love planning them, I love going to them.  First birthdays are the best. My great-niece celebrated her first birthday this past weekend and it was a family and friend affair.  She was so cute, not really understanding what was going on except that she was getting lots of attention, and all the things she normally would be in trouble for doing.....was fine to do that day!

Kylie's birthday theme was Hello Kitty. And it was Hello Kitty from invitations to "birthday suit".  Aunt Chee Chee (me)  got to make the goody bags, with the help of her sweet, crafty son.  I think they turned out pretty good.  What do you think?

I took the invitation (from Walmart) and made cut-outs, to match it, from scrapbook paper.  My son made the white balloon with the polka dots on it because we didn't have any white scrapbook paper.  He loves making goody bags, too! (Wonder where that gene came from?)  I added a ribbon bow and shredded black cardstock to make the whiskers.  

It was a day of firsts!  First birthday, my niece's first attempt at making fondant and a theme cake. I think she did a wonderful job! What do you think? (the heat at the park was beginning to soften the fondant when these pictures were taken)


The cake and cupcakes were so cute and very delicious. The bottom and top layers were round yellow cake and the middle layer was square chocolate.  Under the fondant was cream cheese icing.  (We all had to drink an extra Vi shake to make up for that delicious cake!!!!)

Some more shots from the party:


Hello Kitty everywhere!





 


The birthday girl and her great-grandmother (my beautiful mom).  You can see where Kylie gets her beauty genes!

Visit my Party Supplies page to see more goody bags. Bookmark it.....I will be adding to it!

Thanks for stopping by.




No comments: