Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Party like a Red hat Lady

Red Hats are great themes for party favors!







The little purple "tote" was for a Red Hat Valentine luncheon. The ladies loved them!  The tote was made from purple cardstock which I decorated with a Stampin' Up stamping wheel that had several hats on it.  I just ran the wheel down one side of the box (on front and back).  I used red grosgrain ribbon for the handles, and red cardstock for the band around the top, finished off with black brads.  The little Happy Valentine's Day tag stamp was used on black card stock and heat embossed with silver embossing powder.   Filled with purple tissue paper, purple kisses, and peppermint chews, it was a real hit with the ladies. 

This little box was originally made by my Stampin' mentor, Shawn Southerland Gordon (who is credited by me and blamed by my husband for my rubber stamping addiction).  I made some for the Red Hat ladies out of the little boxes you can buy in a pack in the wedding supplies section of Walmart and most dollar stores. Quite often, you can find a pack of many boxes, envelopes, a variety of containers, for next to nothing.  I (from Shawn's example) cut squares of red, black and glossy white cardstock.  You may not be able to tell from this picture, but all of the black outline is heat embossed with glittery black embossing powder and the lips are filled in with red glitter.  The one I did for the Red Hat ladies has purple and red ribbon instead of the gingham ones in this picture.  And I cut up a purple boa and a red boa and put small pieces of each in the box as a filler, before putting candy in it.
This little mug is perfect for slipping a small Reese's Cup (the little ones that are wrapped, not the tiny unwrapped ones) inside.  This is just cardstock that has been run through a crimper and wrapped around the candy. It was so cute sitting next to their plates.  (Note---missing Reese's Cup. My addictions do not end with rubber stamping....)
Sour cream packets are great little place holders and party favors.  So easy to make and adapt to any occasion or event.  I love doing these in transparencies and vellum and puting colorful candies inside. Skittles, M&M's, Sixlets, Reese's Pieces.....ET would love them!  Just cardstock and a ribbon and candy inside!
One of my favorites!  So simple, but so cute!  Just a plain little cellophane bag. self-sealing.  I had loaned my stamp set out, so I rolled the Hat Stamping Wheel onto a piece of paper, and used the piece of paper to trace the decorations onto the bags with super-thin Sharpie.  Then, used a wider-tip Sharpie to color it in.  Purple and silver Kisses filled it up and each lady had one sitting by her plate.  They all wanted to know where I bought them!  "Why, at Monkey 'n Scooter's, of course!"

Will share some more party favors and goodie bags later.  Today, I have got to get to work on some Hello Kitty goodie bags for my cute little great-niece's party this weekend. 

Happy First Birthday, Kylie Ray S.!




Kylie and her cousin, Mack (my son), in Miami this summer.

No comments: