Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Things I love about Fall.

I love Fall. It is my favorite time of year. I love the way the sun shines, different from the way it shines in the other seasons. I love driving to work, on the same path, every day and noticing how much the leaves change each day.  I love the smell of Fall....the leaves and the fresh, cool, air and the dishes that are made especially in the fall, the candle and potpourri scents the stores use in the fall. I love going to the North Georgia mountains and enjoying the fall festivals with all the fresh apples and other yummy things. And, I love Football season.  I love college football--love going to the games, watching them on TV, guessing early in the season who will have a good season (and often being wrong by October). I especially love AUBURN.  My household is typical of the South. We are a house divided.  My husband and all of his family are avid (rabid) Georgia fans. I, on the other hand, love Auburn.  I had a short stint at Auburn, decided to come home and get married, but my heart remains at Auburn.  I loved the city and the school.  Still do.  Well, my daughter decided to become an Alabama fan (almost heading to Tuscaloosa for college, but changed her mind at the last minute....thank goodness). And, my son has been corrupted by wayward cousins and has decided he is a Gator fan. So, our house is like a zoo: dawgs and elephants and tigers, oh my. And gators, which I try to forget. LOL  

While watching football, sometimes I like to work on craft projects. You can work on a project with paint or glue before the game and half-time comes just as the paint or glue is drying and time for the next layer or step on that project. Isn't it great the way that works?  I bet whomever developed televised football was a crafter and planned it to work out like that!

Anyway, football season also provides great opportunities for craft projects.  

I have been making cigar box purses (you have already seen the little girls' cheerleader purses)for several years and some of my most popular purses have been college-themed purses. They have been sold in stores in Greenville, SC, Tallahassee, FL, and Bainbridge, GA.  I love designing and making them. I love when someone buys one and then their friends call wanting similar ones. I really like when a customer has their own design in mind. Sometimes that can really challenge me, but so far, I have been up for each challenge. 

I am posting the ones most popular in this area.  Hopefully, I will get the others posted today or tomorrow.  Just remember, these have already been sold, and are examples of designs I have made.  Each order is custom made, and can take 2 to 3 weeks to make. So, if you have an idea, or want something similar to what you see here, please let me know.

See my FSU and UGA purses here. 
See my non-FSU or UGA purses here.



No comments: